Saturday, May 20, 2006

And so it begins......


Well, see that little teapot for one on the top shelf there, that's my first garage sale find of the year. 1 buck, never been used, and just the cutest paint job. I didn't know what I'd do with it, until I walked in the door, but I knew that at 1 dollar, I wanted it. This is my "bookshelf" in my living room, above my rocking chair, and I've been looking for something to place on top of this little stack of books. As you can tell, from the bottom shelf here, I'm also a collector of lighthouses. LOVE lighthouses. My main collection lines the tops of my kitchen cabinets, but these three candleholders hold a spot of honor, next to my daughter's picture, on this shelf. The Matryoshka dolls represent my Great-grandmother Ruth, my Grandma Naomi, my Mom Kris, Myself, and my Daugher Tay.

I really need to get the rest of my living room cleaned up so I can get a couple of good pics taken, and posted. We've done some redecorating in the past year, with a new entertainment center, new furniture arrangements, new artwork & souvineers to display. Maybe now that school has ended for the year I'll be able to get rid of all the school papers and junk mail, only to have only half of it reappear the following day. It's been a never ending battle, for 3 years now, with the school papers. Ever 2 or 3 days a new pile of papers comes home, and I'm stuck as for how long to hold onto it for. LOL During the summer it's so much easier not to have that dilema.

Just a note, this is only one of my 3 bookshelves, most of my enormous collection of books resides in my bedroom, on my ceiling height & 5-food long bookshelf, though my crafting books do reside on the very bottom of the 6-foot tall bookshelf I've got pictured above. But mostly it's 3 shelves in between of a mish-mash of collectables: lighthouses, a bowl of crystals & my Matryoshkas, race cars & wolves for DH, and one or two owl figurines.

Have a Blessed Day.

No comments: