Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Big ol' puppy-dog feet.....

You know how it is, when you see a puppy with big ol' feet.... First you think how increadibly large they look on such a small body, then you wonder how danged big that dog's REALLY gonna get...... Have had a similar experience here the last couple of days..... But not with a dog. Nope, here ya go.....

The bottom foot is my big ol' size 8-1/2 wide. The top foot.... That would belong to my 9-1/2 year old darling daughter. She's now just barely over 4-1/2 feet tall, but she's got size 8-1/2 (regular, not wide) feet. Just..... DANG! I mean, the kid's 9-1/2. She's in THIRD GRADE!!!!! I just can't help but feel astonished over how darned big her feet are. And even more incredible is how quickly they've grown. Last year, this time, she was wearing size 3's. In fact, she'd just STARTED wearing size 3's. By mid-winter, she was into a size 6 women's. Mom & Shelli will remember me & DD telling them about how she was now wearing a 5 in boys, a 6 in womens. And all the sudden she's gone up 2-1/2 more sizes. And it's funny, too, because all of a sudden the complaints she was making late last week about how bad her feet were hurting her, make sense. And she's been complaining about her ankles & shins & knees and even her back hurting her lately. That would be growing pains, I'd guess..... *shaking head* Just in awe, over the astonishing rate at which kids grow, sometimes. The only time I recall ever having a noticable growth-spurt (at least from my point of view) was in 5th grade, when I shot up 4 inches (it was actually 9-1/2 centemeters, which was the unit of measurement we were using). I was still the shortest kid in class, but I'd had the biggest growth spurt from the beginning of the year to the end of the year.


Ok, enough rhapsodizing about growth spurts. This picture is purely for the fun of seeing this goofy mutt of mine enjoying DD's bed while she's off to school. He doesn't seem to get that this is where SHE sleeps, not where he's supposed to sleep. But he looked so danged cute, I couldn't resist a pic before shooing him off. *wink*
Ok, I think that'll do for today.
Have a Blessed Day!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

AAWWWWWWWWW! So Cute!

(The dog, not the feet)

Heather

sonia a. mascaro said...

Your dog looks adorable! Love the photo, very cute!

Em said...

Okay, what kind of shoes does your daughter like? I'm buying stock right now!!

whimsical brainpan said...

LOL! My Mom used to threaten to put a brick on top of my head to stop me from growing.

And that is such a cute pic of the dog.

Bardouble29 said...

Awwww, love the doggie picture.

MarmiteToasty said...

:) Well your dog might be cute but it aint as cute as Janet me chicken lol

x

Joshua said...

Cute puppy!

Judy said...

Dang! I'm still waiting to grow.

Love the dog on the bed. You can tell nobody loves him!

You know, you can tell there's a lot of love in your home.