Wednesday, January 09, 2008

*groan* On Second Thought......

It wasn't me kicking @$$ during my workout yesterday mornin'. 'Cause I guarantee you that none of the 5 computer-generated competitors I KO'd feel the way I do this morning. My back & shoulders are so freaking sore this morning that it's obvious it was ME getting my @$$ kicked, not some computer. *sigh*

Dang, I wanna forgo my workout this morning & crawl back into bed for a couple of hours of sleep. As it is, I'm going to spend 20 minutes walking rather sedately in place. That'll be enough to qualify as a work-out, without further straining my back or shoulders, *big sigh*

A "Wii" Workout, as far as I'm concerned, consists of using the Wii Sports "boxing" game to get one's exercise. But that Wii Sports game also includes tennis (which I don't care for), golf, baseball, and bowling. I'm sure there are other games just as willing to kick a person's @$$ as the boxing game did mine yesterday.

**********

I came home yesterday to a message on the answering machine from some guy at Library Media Services about the job app. I put in for the Library Assistant position at West Valley HS. I've got to call him back this morning, once I see the kiddo off to school, and find out if I'm being invited in for an interview, or if am I being turned down based on a lack of something in my application. (Though, having just gone & listened to the message again, he's schedualing testing for applicants for the job. So I'm evidently going to be setting up a testing time. *grin*)

Edited to Add: WHOOP!!!!! I'm going to be heading down tomorrow morning to the Library Media Services office to take an hour long test regarding my knowledge of library systems. I can't guarantee I'll do fantastic, but I'll do my best. And it's further along than I got for any of the other Library Assistant positions I've applied for previously!!!

So, P&PT that I do well tomorrow!!!!! *grin*

*****

Robin, I've got 2 calendars. One in my bedroom where I keep track of not only birthdays & appointments & paydays, but also my period and other, more personal, issues. That is also where I always use my Llewellyn's Witch's calendar, every year. In the kitchen I've got another one (with pictures that WON'T freak out my dad or Christian visitors to my home) with info for family use. Dr's appointments, paydays, etc. It helps me to have 2 calendars, so I can look at either & get the most pertinant info without having to go far to get it. Besides, if I forget to write it on ONE calendar, I'm pretty sure to manage to get the info on the other.


Have a Blessed Day!!

8 comments:

DirkStar said...

Uh, oddly enough, your post coincides with my upcoming one...

Slip said...

You go girl, this may be the job for you. With the way I work I live by my calender book. It seems I never know what day of the week it is. Now the confusing part......I work two days on then 4 days off. The two work days are both double shifts from 2:00PM until 6:00am. So my days off keep moving backwards. It all works out to 40 hours a week. Been doing it that way for 25 years.

barefoot gardener said...

Good luck with your test!

whimsical brainpan said...

Keep up the workouts. It'll get easier.

I'll be thinking of you tomorrow. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Good Luck Kiddo... I'll keep you in my thoughts & prayers for the test tomorrow!

Love ya!
- Mom

Celticspirit said...

Good luck on the interview and test Kati! Where did you get that LLewellyn calendar? Sounds interesting.

Robin said...

Good luck! Smart girl re: the calendars.

Toriz said...

You're bound to feel a bit (ok, a lot) sore for a while now that you're getting back in to doing your workout. Just try not to over do it.