Saturday, January 05, 2008

We WON!!!!

So, the second game today was also a success, though not as dramatic as the first.

This game went considerably harder than we'd assumed it would. Our girls ran out of steam after their first 3 goals (in the first 5 minutes, of the first period), and the other team tied it up in the second period & into the third period. But, by the last 5 minutes of the third period, we scored our 4th goal to break the tie & secure our place in the championship.


Tomorrow at 12:30, our girls will play the Healy Coal Kings for the champion-title for this tournament. Unfortunately, I'm going to miss it. I have to start my work week at 12:45. *sigh* So I've directed S. & Tay to come by following the game & awards & celebretory pizza party to tell me how things turned out. (Whether we win or we take second place, it's going to call for a celebration! And at this age, any party worth having better include pizza. *grin*)

So, that's the latest.

Have a Blessed Day!

2 comments:

MarmiteToasty said...

Wooo Hooo GO THE GIRLS :).....

I use to play (many moons ago) womans football (soccer) at county level, it was the best years of me life......

x

Greg C said...

Congratulations on your win and good luck today. I am pulling for you.