Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Whoop!!!!

So, I did it!!!! I got my exercising done for today!!!!

First things first, got the kiddo off to school. She's now going in with our neighbour from 2 doors down, who takes her son over every morning & offered to give DD rides too. Then this evening she's got hockey practice.


After getting DD out the door, I sat down & FINALLY got my calendars for this year figured out. Got all my important dates on there and got them hung on the walls. I know, I know.... I'm 8 days late with it. Oh well. It's done now.


Then, THEN, I exercised. Got my work-out gear on, popped in the Wii sports, and did some boxing. I KO'd 5 competitors, each harder than the previous. Only got knocked on MY ass once. And finished up with 4 minutes of walking in place for a cool-down. That was 22 minutes, all told. *grin* And I feel GOOD.


Now I'm just sitting here, sippin' on a banana-berry smoothie. (One whole, ripe to over-ripe banana, 1/2 cup frozen mixed berries, and enough 2% milk to top off the 12-oz blender mug. Blend till all berries are pureed, and enjoy!) This means I've now eatten 3 servings of fruit, and a single serving of dairy. Not a bad way to start the day!


I always feel exausted BEFORE I work out, just thinking about the work-out. But once I just get in there & do it.... I feel GREAT!!!! *visions of Tony Tiger dancing through my head, with that phrase* Seriously!!!!! I feel SOOOO much better once I've worked out. It kinda gives me energy for the rest of the day.


And no, it's not a New Year's Resolution to get into shape. I actually started working out back in September, but let it slide for a few weeks over Christmas and the New Year. Now everything else is settled down, though, and I have the time to work out again. I'm hoping, though, that I can drop about 20 pounds this year. I'd like to be another size smaller, again. I'm close to fitting into my 18's, now. Just a few more pounds and I'll be there. If I can drop 20 pounds this year, I may even be able to get into my 16's again. I haven't worn 16's since I had Tay. One step at a time, though. One little work-out, 4 days a week. That's my goal. That's what I'm aiming for.


**********

Somebody else ISN'T feeling so good this morning. *grin* Yep. His tooth is bugging him today. Said he bit into a banana & it hurt. *wink* I warned him last night that it may ache this morning, but he didn't believe me. And he didn't take any Tylenol with him to work. I just hope that somebody at work has some Tylenol DH can bum offa them.

**********

*snicker* Puck is so funny. He's taken to "chasing" things in his sleep. You'll see him sprawled out on the floor, fast asleep, paws twitching & "barking" under his breath. It's really too funny. Right now he's not chasing something. He's curled up in a ball, but he'll "huff" and "bark" and you can tell he's dreaming about something that he's trying to catch, because he's twitchy. It's too funny.

**********

Gotta get a move on and run some errands before work

Have a Blessed Day!

5 comments:

Toriz said...

Well done on getting the excersizing and healthy eating off to a good start. I do remember you doing some excersizing before the holidays all started... Hope you have better luck this year :)

barefoot gardener said...

Man, now I feel a little more motivated to get going on my own workouts. Keep telling us how great you feel after, and maybe I will get around to it...

Poor DH! I can't believe his tooth hurts today. Every root canal I have ever had took all the pain away. My jaw would hurt from holding my mouth open so long, and my lips might crack from being so dry and stretched, but never a toothache! Poor guy. I hope he feels better soon.

whimsical brainpan said...

A Wii workout! I'm jealous.

Robin said...

'Calendars?'......plural? I'm lucky to keep track of one....

Celticspirit said...

What is a Wii workout? I know what a Wii is but didn't know they had workouts. Congrats on getting back into the swing of things. Your smoothie sounds good too and so does your plan to do 4 small workouts per week.

Your poor DH! Sorry to hear he is having pain and I hope he recovers soon. Poor guy.
Blessings.