Friday, August 22, 2008

Post Interview....

Well, I'm home from the interview.....

As expected, I didn't sleep much at all last night. It was about 12:30 before I crawled into bed, and probably around 1 am before I actually dozed off. Then I tossed and turned all night, before waking up before 7 am this morning with web-site names and database titles running through my head.

I'd prepared as much as I thought I could, for the questioning about the databases and search engines. Now, I rather wish I'd started doing my research a little earlier. But, procrastinator-extraordinaire that I am.... Well, I need the impending doom of going into something completely unprepared to light a fire under my @$$ about getting research done or speaches practiced or papers written. *wry smile*

The stories went ok. I was a good bit shakier than I would have liked. Not simply shakey on the reading of the stories, but ACTUALLY shakey. Very nervous! *sigh* The first story (the longest story!) was also the story I had the most fumbles over. But, I read it with a good bit of drama and had the story down enough that even when I fumbled a word, I was ok with the word I'd replace it with.

I pulled my cow puppet out only for part of the song "Old McDonald's Farm" where the farmer has a cow on the farm and the cow goes moo, moo, here and there and everywhere. *grin* And I cut it short by 2 verses, seeing as how I could tell that time was getting away from us, and another interviewee would be coming in soon.

They seemed to like my cow craft, though when I got there and took it out of my bag, I found that one of the legs had fallen off. So, a bit of scotch tape and you couldn't tell. *grin*

They said that they probably won't make a decision on desired applicant before Tuesday at the soonest, Wednesday most probably. So it'll be late next week before I hear anything at all, I'm sure.

Anyway.... Sitting here now just sipping on some English Breakfast tea and eatting an english muffin, and wishing we weren't down 4 Pages at work this week so I could call in tired. *wink* I've gotta leave a bit early, as well, to buy some minutes for my cell-phone. I'm down to about 10 minutes left on the thing.

I think that pretty well covers it for now.

Have a Blessed Day!


Tori_z said...

Sounds like it went pretty good all in all. OK, so it was probably obvious you were nervous, but it still sounds like it went well. :)

*Keeping my fingers crossed for you* :)

barefoot gardener said...

Good Luck! I am crossing~ well, everything for you!

Celticspirit said...

Good Luck! You are just about the most determined person I've ever known. I wish some of that determination would rub off on me. I hope you get the job Kati.