Friday, March 14, 2008

Tagged!

Well, I've been tagged twice now. First by Whim, with THIS:


Thank You Whim!!!! *snort* I've never been told that somebody "less than 3"s my blog. *wink*

I'm supposed to pass this on to 7 of my favorite bloggers..... I'd love to pass it on to Whim again, but I know, I know, I should spread the love instead of ONLY giving it back to those who gave it to me. SO, 7 MORE of my favorite bloggers.....

Robin: What a wise, sweet woman she is!

Connie: Another wise, sweet woman! And a VERY crafty one!

Turtleheart: because she could USE some love, right about now!!! What with another nasty cold so close after the last. (And besides, she's an all-around great person anyway!)

Princess Banter: She doesn't post often, lately, but when she does there's a lot of wisdom in what she says. And she's so young, too!!! I thought wisdom was only for the elders!!! Not so, as Princess B. proves!

Tori: Dear, Sweet Tori!!! She shows such love to the world, all while learning how to live her life to the fullest with recent blindness. And she lives in Wales, which sounds like it'd be such a great place to visit!

Barefoot Gardner: Well, this almost goes without saying, these days!!! She & I seem to find some pretty funky things we have in common. Things like loving Fraggle Rock & old cartoon-movie tunes. ("The Last Unicorn" anybody?!?!) And the fact that she sometimes plays with her younger daughter's toys even when her younger daughter isn't around. (I did until DD outgrew them to the point where it was embarassing to still have them around, anyway.)

Last but not least:

Slip! Slip is a recent retiree and looking forward to spending his time working on his farms, getting "back to the land" as it were. He seems kinda depressed lately, so stop in & give him some love.

**********

Next, Barefoot Gardner herself tagged me with a Meme. Here we go....

Rules, because everything has them:
1. Link to the person that tagged you. (See above)
2. Post the rules on your blog. (Right here)
3. Share six non-important things/habits/quirks about yourself. (Check it out below)
4. Tag six random people at the end of your post by linking to their blogs. (More checkin' it out below)
5. Let each random person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their website. (Will do as soon as I figure out 6 people).

So.... Six non-important things about me??? Ok. I'll try.

1) As a teen I wanted to be an archaeologist when I grew up. I'd still love to go on a dig in some far-off exotic place some day (and esp. to be a part in a big discovery) but this is no longer my life's dream, which I guess means that it's not very important.

2) I don't like pink. I won't wear it unless it's a kinda dusty, heathered sort of pink, and even then I won't wear it often. Pink & pastels just don't look very good on me. Earth tones are more my thing. Between that & being short & squat, I kinda think I'd make a good hobbit. Except for the curly hair (mine's long & straight) and hairy feet (thank the GODS I don't have hairy feet)!

3) I'm the shortest in my family. I'm the oldest child, and the shortest. My Mom is 5'5", my Dad is 5'8 or 9", my Middle sis is 5'6", and my baby sis is 5'2". And I'm exactly 5 feet tall. It's kinda made for some funny comments like my middle sis saying "No, you're not BIGGER than I am, you're just OLDER!" And me commenting back with "I may have to look up AT you, but that doesn't mean I have to look up TO you!" *grin*

4) My new favorite quote is from a book I read recently, _Luxury Fever: Why Money fails to satisfy in an Era of Excess_. The quote is something like "Mothers regard sleep with the same intensity that a starving person regards food." It was in reference to how we work harder & harder, longer & longer days, just to provide monetary things, and yet in many ways this does damage to ourselves & our families in less tangible ways, such as mom's (esp. moms) lacking in sleep. But, no matter what the background, the statement is true! And it quite appropriately sums up exactly how I feel most days.

5) I'm a hoarder by nature. Maybe its related to how often it seems my dad sent me to bed without dinner as a kid, but I hoard. Only, now it's not necessarily food, but crafting supplies like yarn & fabric.

6) I've always wanted to live by the ocean, and near a lighthouse (though, not necessarily IN a lighthouse-keeper's house). I love lighthouses. I've got pictures & knick-knacks of lighthouses all over my house. But, I also love the look of english cottswald style cottages. I guess I want my house to LOOK like a cottswald style cottage, but be beach-front (or close to) and within close sight of a lighthouse. *grin*

Ok. Are those random enough??? Non-important enough??? I hope so.

I'm supposed to tag 6 people now.

I'll tag: PeppyLady, Whim, Heb, Greg, TurtleHeart, and Heather.

Another post to come soon regarding my gardening hopes & plans, and a conversation with DH last night.

Have a Blessed Day!

3 comments:

peppylady (Dora) said...

I'll try to get up tomorrow (Saturday) during the photo hunt.

whimsical brainpan said...

I'll need a while. I've done a few of these and need to think of something I haven't said already.

*gets to thinking*

Turtleheart said...

Thanks for the tags! I'm working on my answers....

AND...

I tagged you back! Check my blog! :-)