Monday, October 08, 2007

My Chili Recipe.....

As promised yesterday, here's what I did for my Chili last night for supper. Bear in mind, various components change each & every time depending on what I have on hand.

2 pounds moose burger (gifted to us by a friend who got a moose this year, this is old stuff, and twice as much meat as I'd usually use)
1 whole base-ball sized onion, chopped (probably could have used 2, but I didn't HAVE 2 onions)
6 cloves of garlic, pressed into the pan
2 cans large red kidney beans, drained & rinsed
2 cans chopped tomatoes, drained of SOME of the juice
3 small cans tomato sauce
1 (7 oz) can chopped green chilies
1 can nibblets corn
1 medium sized zucchini, chopped into pieces only slightly larger than corn kernels
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
2 Tbsp worchestershire sauce
1/2 c minute rice (only added because there was so much liquid)
toppings (shredded cheese, sour cream)

Brown your meat & onions together, drain grease & return meat & onions to pot. Add in garlic & sautee for a few minutes longer. Add in the rest of your ingredients except the rice and simmer for 20 or so minutes, stirring every couple of minutes. Add rice & cover & simmer about 5 more minutes. Ladle into bowls & top with cheese or sour cream (or maybe other toppings that your family prefers that I'm not aware of). Serve with a yummy piece of fry-bread, or buttered saltines, or what-have-you. Enjoy!

**********

I won't be online at all tomorrow probably. I have to get the front tires on my car changed over to my studded tires. I've got an appointment to do so at 10 am tomorrow in town right across from the courthouse (almost visible in the arctic-cam picture). That doesn't leave me any time to get on here, so I'll see you all Wednesday again at the soonest.

In the meantime.......

Have a Blessed Day!

No comments: