It's the last day of 2007, and I can't seem to think of a really coherant thought yet this morning. (Except the one that involves me climbing back into bed & saying "screw work".)
- Let's see.... 11 years ago tonight, I concieved DD. *wink & grin* There won't be a repeat, of course!
- I cannot believe that 2007 is over. It doesn't seem like it should be any later in the year than August.
- I've got a back ache that's lasted 3 days now. At first I thought it was just menstrually-induced, but this is the worst back-ache I've had in a few years, and it's lasting longer than a periodic-ache would. Maybe I'm sleeping in a bad position???? I don't know, but I know that when I walk it looks like I'm walking with the proverbial pole-up-my-butt. I can't bend easily, or turn, or twist, or take long strides. It hurts to sit, to slouch, to stand up straight, to sit up straight..... It just hurts like hell.
- We're going over to the inlaws tonight & I'm not really sure I want to. Primarily because this means it's going to be a very late night, of course. None of us have to work tomorrow, and the FIL is getting fireworks. Also, I have to take Puck with me because he can't be left home alone after about 5:30 or 6 pm, when everybody starts setting off all the fireworks. That's the reason he's tried ripping the carpet out in the house in the past, and how he's shredded his paws doing so, and how he's scratched up the bottoms of a few of the doors in the house. So I'll take him with me & sit on the floor, cuddling his shivering self while the others set off the fireworks. (Of course, on the YEAH side of things, FIL is making crab legs for dinner tonight!!!)
- I got a new CD the other day that I just have to mention. It's by a group called "The Puppini Sisters". They've got an older sound. They really sound like "The Andrews Sisters" from WW2 days (their rendition of "Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy from Company B" is a lot of fun). But, they also set new music (Kate Bush's "Wuthering Heights" and the much-over-used-but-never-sounded-like-this "I Will Survive") to this old sound and it completely rocks. I strongly recommend checking their album "Betcha Bottom Dollar" out, if you love great vocals & harmonies, fun tunes, and an ironic spin on some over-played music.
- It still hasn't gotten cold again. It's only -5 deg. F. below zero right now. Not bad for New Year's Eve!!!
- I work tonight till 5:15. Tomorrow I have off (of course!). Wednesday I work from 12:30 to 6 pm. Thursday I have off. (First day of DD's hockey tournament, and first game is up at the U. at 7 am!) Friday and Saturday are, of course, my weekend. (Though Saturday is another 7 am game, that time at the Dipper.) Sunday will be back to work for a normal 4-1/2 hour day. Monday, Jan 7th, is DH's root-canal and I won't be going into work till 4:15 pm. Then Tuesday the 8th of Jan. sees the kids starting back to school for the rest of the school year, me back to work on a normal schedual, and everything settling back down again.
I think that about covers it for today. I wish you all a VERY HAPPY NEW YEARS!!!!!!
Have a Blessed Day!