Friday, July 18, 2008

For Peter....

OMGoodness!!!!! Thanks for sharing that story. I love hearing these (what I call) "Mean Mom" stories from folks. It helps to know how other moms have creatively handled misbehavior in their children. I even called Tay in and read your account of your brother's mouthfull of malt-vinegar to her. She shuddered and had this look of horror on her face. *grin*

FWIW, my Dad was born in 49, and my mom in 57. So, yeah.... Dad was around at the same time you were, but a couple of years younger. *grin*

Anyway, thanks for sharing the story with us. Also glad to know that other folks deem the threat of whooping a child's butt under such circumstances to be an appropriate response. *wry smile*

Have a Blessed Day!

3 comments:

KAYLEE said...

Just came to say hi! Can I email you a question??

Unknown said...

Sorry you didn't get the job. I hope you get the position that opens up as a result.

I just filled my gas tank and it was $70! But like you said, it's do that and keep working or don't do it and have no $. No choice. It lasted two weeks last time which is unheard of for me. But then the daughter's on summer hiatus for softball so I'm not running there and I've tried to curtail driving a lot to conserve gas. Once we're back to normal, it'll be $70 every week again. Oi!

whimsical brainpan said...

"Also glad to know that other folks deem the threat of whooping a child's butt under such circumstances to be an appropriate response."

Absolutely!