Thursday, January 11, 2007

Warmer!

Well, as predicted, it DID warm up, though not quite as quickly as the weather-folks were predicting.

Got up yesterday to -30. By mid afternoon (2 pm or so) it was up to -20. By the time we went to bed last night at 11, it was -5. This morning it's still hovering about -8, thus far, but it's supposed to get warmer.

While I HOPE that was the only cold snap we'll get this winter, I highly doubt it. We've still got to get through the other half of January, and February, before we see any real warming in March. *sigh* I just keep reminding myself, I DO love him!!!! (The DH, that is. He's the reason I stay in this frigid place, even though the rest of my family is smart enough to see warmer climates.)

***************************************

Some hockey related news, we found out last night that DD has a hockey tournament coming up in Anchorage from March 1st through the 4th. I get to go into work today & ask for those two days off (since the second & third of March are a Friday & Saturday and I would have them off anyway). So, we get to go on a road trip!!!!!!!!! YEAH!!!!!!! I cannot tell you HOW freaking happy this makes me. It's been over 7 years since I've been out of town. (Well, out of town for something more than camping in the sticks.) I can't wait. DH now has my full approval for working overtime between now & then, as we'll need the spending cash for 4 days in a different town. *glee* I can't wait!

Now, on the other hand, DD is somewhat nervous, after losing all 4 of the games from the last tournament to the other teams. But, she's also nervous about her game this Sat. against one of the local squirt teams. They're going to need to rebuild their self-confidence, as a team & individually, over their skills.

****************************************************

Other than that, not a whole lot going on. Still dealing with this head cold. Still have 2 cabin-fever-ish dogs who are driving each other & everyone else nuts with needing an outlet for their energy (and yet being unwilling to spend more than a couple of minutes outside). And the usual sink-ful of dishes & baskets of clothes all to be washed. Good thing I'm off for the weekend after today. It's amazing how things just seem to keep piling up.

Have a Blessed Day!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funny how -8 can be a heat wave! I do understand this, because I live down-wind of you where we are not strangers to "The Alberta Express."

Local cranberries with chocolate mouse... That wonderful combination of fruit and chocolate and meat - huh?!? - Well, I'm sure it will be yummy!

Anonymous said...

Glad things are a little warmer and you get to take a road trip. I hope the team does great and that you feel better soon.

Anonymous said...

It got up to 11? That is a positive number right...not a negative? Wow. Probably felt all toasty after that -50 stuff!! I just can't imagine it. Don't even WANT to imagine it! LOL

Enjoy your weekend on the town!

Anonymous said...

Okay, get the team the most evil looking uniforms you can find.

Tattoos for all the kids too.

If they look mean, they'll play mean.

Remember, sticks are just as effective for hitting as they are for slapping around a puck.

Two words here; Knees up. One or two to the groin early keeps a defensive player at a distance...

Anonymous said...

-20, -50 even?

Wow!

Here in Manila, we're already having 20 days (that's a positive) in January! Summer's usually 28-35.

Your toes must be freezing! I'm glad it got warmer there, though.

Anonymous said...

Hi Kati!
Glad to see it's warming up... it's 80 degrees here today, so I'm going to head down to the beach for a little bit. I'm glad you are all taking a road trip to Anchorage, that's great! You'll have fun. Who's going to watch the dogs? Maybe you'll enjoy your trip to Anchorage so much, you'll start saving your nickles & dimes to come to Hawaii! Although... maybe after 1 trip here, and spending quality time in the sun, you'll have to make it an annual event! *smiles* Love ya! - Mom

Anonymous said...

wow and I was complaining about how cold it is here. lol. I found you through chucky's blog. Enjoyed reading and will be back to read more. Enjoy your road trip!