Tuesday, September 11, 2007

10 Things.....

10 books I read over & over again (in no real particular order) (Stolen from Barefoot in the Garden.)

1) _The Little Princess_ and _The Secret Garden_ by F.H. Burnett
2) Anne McCaffery's Pern novels (would be much more than 10 to list them all)
3) The American Girl books (won't list them all for the same reason as #2)
4) Nora Robert's 3 Sisters Island triology
5) Jean Auel's "Earth's Children" series (Clan of the Cave Bear, and so on)
6) _Anna to the Infinite Power_ by Mildred Ames
7) _Daddy Long-Legs_ by Jean Webster
8) _The Mermaid Hunter_ by Mollie Hunter
9) _Seal Child_ by Sylvia Peck
10) _My Side of the Mountain_ and _Far Side of the Mountain_ by Jean Craighead George

And, just because I absolutely cannot end at 10 books....

11) The Harry Potter books
12) _The DaVinci Code_ and _Angels & Demons_ by Dan Brown
13) _The Handmaiden's Tale_ by Margaret Atwood

Gotta run. Gotta get heading to work.

5 comments:

whimsical brainpan said...

You have an award waiting for you at my place.

Connie Peterson said...

I get stuck on books I've read and re-read over and over that I have here at home. I am too lazy (shame on me) to go to the library and get new books. I really DO need to do that, now! Perhaps it will be a "new year's resolution" on November 1st?

Blessings

barefoot gardener said...

Dang! I forgot about the Sisters Island trilogy! I have to say, there are a few on here I haven't read, I will have to check them out. And some old favorites that I need to add to my shelves...Thanks for the reminder about them!

I totally agree that 10 is an unfair number, but with no limit we could probably list forever!

Robin said...

Hey Girl, I know Whim chose you as well, but I've really been happy and impressed with your visits to my blog, so----come get your award, again.

Turtleheart said...

Nice list! Many of my faves on there-- especially "A Little Princess" -- I believe I read that one so many times, my book fell apart! I have it in hardback now.

I've read "The Handmaiden's Tale" many times, too, but my favorite Atwood novel is "The Robber Bride".