Friday, September 21, 2007

May I Now Present.....

The Bride & Groom! My baby sis is now a Mrs. *shaking head*
She has succeeded. She has fulfilled her life's ambition. She is married. And they don't have a clue what they've gotten themselves into. The woman officiating is a friend of B's (the groom). She officiated for his best friend & best friend's new wife last month & agreed to officiate for K. & B. as well.

The exchange of vows.

K. receives her GINORMOUS ring!!!! How two unemployed children can afford such a ring, I'll never know.

B. receives HIS diamond encrusted band.. *shaking head*

Git'er Done, B!!!! (Literally, that's what B's best friend said, substituting B's full name for his first initial. Turns out it's kind of "Tradition" for the groomsmen in this group of friends to say it upon completion of the vows. *shaking head* It might be funny if that particular turn of phrase weren't so pathetically overdone. Or indicitive of B's view on life. Which is ironic because my baby sis has always had this view of herself as supposedly really "high class", when in reality she's got a tendency towards dressing & acting like "poor white trash". And now she's married a guy who's stock phrase is the same punch line used by rednecks from around the world. Dang..... She just doesn't even get it. She will NEVER understand how incredibly ironic this all is.)

And last but not least, DD and the niece. This was shortly after finishing the main part of our supper, as we were waiting for dessert. Dinner was yummy, but incredibly expensive. Oh, and I ate mushrooms, and they tasted ok. Not great. Still won't say I loved them, but ok. Which is a big step for me. *wry chuckle*

Have a Blessed Day!!!

2 comments:

barefoot gardener said...

Hopefully her not-so-bright decision won't come back and bite her in the butt.

I finally found something we disagree on! I LOVE mushrooms. I guess no one is perfect.

I'm KIDDING! About not being perfect, not the mushroom part.

Oh, I am confusing myself...

whimsical brainpan said...

Congratulations to your sister! She got what she wished for, I hope that she enjoys it. :-)