Saturday, July 14, 2007

Crochet, Sugar-Snaps, and bread dough....

First off, sorry for the foul mouth this morning. I don't take well to being woken early in the morning when most sane people are still in bed, sleeping. Esp. when I'm woken by heavy machinery not 50 feet from my bedroom window. I DID manage to get back to sleep for a couple of hours, only to be woken by Dad at 11:20 as he stopped by with some items he's been asking me to take, but knew I wouldn't be able to transport in my car.

So, I'm up, I've eatten, I feel quite a bit better than I did when I wrote the last post this morning, and I figured I'd share some pictures, as it's been a while since I posted any.


First, the crochet: Here are, of course, the two baby-blankets that I have made, currently. The blue, yellow & white one has been done for several months, and was simply made as a spare and to use up leftover yarn from the afghan I made for DD's bed. The pink, purple & yellow is the one I just completed last week. Our friends with the up-coming baby will receive one or the other, once we find out the sex of their latest child. The spare will go back to storage for the next time I find out somebody's having/had a baby. *smile* (Oh, and they are folded into quarters, so I could fit them both in the same pic, they're not REALLY as small as they look here.)


Next pic is the 8 bags I currently have made. I've been in to talk to the folks that own that little gift store I'd previously mentioned, showed the daughter of the owner the bags, and left my name & number. She said her mom would probably be interested, but it's been over a week now & I haven't heard back from her as to carrying my bags in her store. *sigh* I'm considering (only slightly, though) opening an Esty shop of my own. I don't know that I really feel like doing that, though. But, if anybody sees any of these here and wants to buy one.... *hint, hint* *wink*

Thirdly, here are my sugar-snaps. Only in the last 3 or 4 days have the flowers popped out. I'm rather happy because that means I WILL get some peas off of these this year. I wish I had room for a larger plot. Also, the pots of swiss chard & lettuce that I planted a couple of weekends back look like they will produce a bit, also. All 5 plants had all of the seeds planted in them come up. Now it's a waiting game for them to get big enough to thin (or to seperate & replant a little further apart in the same pot), then waiting for them to mature enough to enjoy. My flower-plants (in the flowerbeds) are also there, but not yet producing flowers. I'm somewhat bummed. Unfortunately I need to really weed before I can post any pictures, otherwise all you'll see is the weeds & grass growing up in front of the flower beds.
Last but not least, a view of the bread-dough for a couple of loaves of my Onion-Dill Golden Egg bread. It's been a couple of weeks since I last made bread, so I figured it was time to do so again. And this stuff was so yummy last time that I wanted more. My middle sis was posting, the other day, about how she made that 18-hour really easy bread (the one that bakes in a dutch-oven preheated to 500 deg.), and was telling me I need to give that bread a try. And it DOES look really good, but I just don't feel like waiting 18 hours for a loaf of bread right now. I think I'll definitely give it a try this fall, though. When I've decided to make a pot of soup for dinner, on one of my weekends. I'm sure that bread would go VERY well with a pot of Clam Chowder, or Scotch Broth. But, for now I'm thinking ham sandwiches on Onion-Dill Egg bread. *grin*
Ok. I hope these pics somewhat make up for my bad mood this morning.
Have a Blessed Day!

2 comments:

whimsical brainpan said...

The blankets look great! So does the bread... now I am hungry.

Connie Peterson said...

So glad you are in a better mood. I get really grumpy when I'm tired, too!

Bread looks good - if you gave me the recipe, would you please send it again? If not, please send it? Remember, I had a computer crash so lost ALL recipes I had collected.

Blessings.