Monday, July 02, 2007

Who's up for some leftovers????

So this was dinner last night. Doesn't look very fancy, but it was yummy!!!! Homemade Lasagna. DH's favorite meal. That's 12 lasagna noodles (I NEVER pre-cook them, they always turn out very nice anyway); about 12 oz chopped leaf spinach (thawed & excess moisture squeezed out, though I shouldn't have bothered with the squeezing); a full 32 oz of ricotta cheese; a full 16 oz mozzarella; a 1/3 of a cup of milk (told ya I shouldn't have drained the spinach!); a pound of ground beef; a jar of prego roasted garlic spaghetti sauce; almost 1 full onion, chopped; a can of diced tomatoes, juice & all; and some parmesan sprinkled on top. Turned out VERY yummy! And this was what was left of a 13x9x2 pan after the 3 of us had eatten. BEFORE I'd doled it out for DH's lunch-leftovers, and DD's lunch left-overs, and the extra that is leftover even after lunches today. I think there's still maybe a 1/4 of the lasagna left if anybody wants to come over for some leftovers. *grin* It's funny because I ALWAYS put spinach in my lasagna, and DH always asks "you put spinach in there again?!?!" and yet he always enjoys it anyway. I just tell him that this is how I avoid making an extra veggie dish to go along with the enourmous lasagna. LOL With enough onion, tomato & spinach in there, we don't need any other veggies along with it.



We finally got over to see Great Grandma last night. As usual, the DH wound up fixing something for her. She's not doing very well right now, though that's to be expected. Along with Alzheimers, she has some digestional issues. Right now she's dealing with what could be refered to as a stomach bug, but it's not likely actually caused by a bug. The MIL was over earlier in the day and stood over Grandma (MIL's mother, actually) and made sure she drank 2 complete bottles of Pedialyte drink. MIL always makes sure that Grandma has a couple of bottles in the house, for days when her body starts acting up. It's an easy way to keep Grandma from getting dehydrated. Unfortunately, it's easy to tell that Grandma probably won't be with us much longer. She looks more & more frail each time we see her. She's not quite 85 years old yet, but one would swear she's 90, from the looks of her. She was doing good until about 3 years ago. As I said, she's just been diagnosed with Alzheimers, and I suspect it's a bit further along than her crack-pot dr. thinks. Add to the fact that her dr's got her on a diet of all white & wheat foods, nothing that has any real nutrition, much less fiber or anything to try to get her digestional problems under control. He's one of these Dr's who loves to prescribe loads & loads of pills, always adjusting this dosage or that, but who's patients seem to always wind up with even more problems. *sigh* For Grandma's sake and for the sake of the rest of the family, I hope Grandma passes easily in her sleep before too much more time passes. Anyway......



So, I've got to go in tonight for 4 hours, been spending the day on the computer thus-far.



Don't have any plans for tomorrow.



Wednesday we may or may not be going over to the FIL's house for barbequing. Though if we do, I've insisted to DH that we take Puck with us. I don't want to come home this time & find that he's shredded more carpetting (as he did last 4th), wrecked any more windows (also did last 4th), shredded his paws (also last 4th), or run off. He's scared to death of fire-works, and I think we'd be better off keeping him with us if we go over to the inlaws for a while. Jenny is either smart enough to know that the fireworks aren't endangering her, or too stupid to register them. We can't tell which is the case, but either way, she's unbothered by them. For which I'm VERY grateful. So, she'll be staying here, if we do go over to the inlaws on Wednesday.



Thursday I'm going to meet up with an friend from HS and we're going to spend the afternoon at Pioneer Park (formerly known as AlaskaLand) having lunch & catching up. She's got a little boy who's just a month younger than DD, but he's going to be with his dad that day, so it'll be just us 3 girls hanging out.



Friday, DH has got an appointment for me to get my car in and have the air conditioner fixed. It's a '91 Buick Regal SE, and the air-conditioner has never worked in the 6 years we've owned it. Which wouldn't be a major problem, I suppose, but it makes for some INCREDIBLY warm drives to & from work in the summer. (And the heater has never worked properly either, which may or may not be connected to the problem with the air-conditioner.) So I spend summer days driving to & from work, roasting. And winter days driving to & from work, freezing. Makes so much sense, doesn't it??? Hopefully getting the air-conditioner (and heater?) fixed on Friday will mean that I can spend summer days driving to work, freezing, and winter days driving home, roasting. *grin*



Then, next weekend we'll get our walk-way in. We didn't get that done on Saturday because we spent all day long running from one side of town to the other and back again looking for some canvas car-ports for our vehicals. Everywhere that carried the good quality kind was sold out. One of the places, though, will get a big order of them in on Thursday and DH is going to go pick up 2. Anyway, after crossing town & back at least 3 times, by the time we got home it was too late for DH to pick up that load of granite for the walk-way. And besides, after talking to his dad they decided to do it a little differently. Instead of rototilling down 8 inches and putting 2 inches of sand & 2 inches of gravel before 4 inches of granite, they're going to hand-dig it out to 3 inches deep, put a layer of plastic down (puncture it for proper drainage, but the plastic will keep weeds from growing up through the granite), then pour the granite in on top of the plastic. So, probably Friday night we're going to be digging that out.



Saturday DH & FIL will go get the granite & fill in the walk-way, and also pick up the lumber for our back deck, which is going to be put off for yet another week. *wry smile* It's always something!



It's funny, even this week off looks like it's going to be rather busy, and I'm starting to think maybe I don't mind being somewhat busy, as long as I get a day to relax every now & again. I'm certainly looking forward to meeting my friend on Thursday for lunch & an afternoon out. And while I don't think I'll ENJOY sitting at the auto shop waiting on my car to be fixed, at least I know I'll enjoy it when it's done.



Ok. I think that'll do for now.



Have a Blessed Day!

3 comments:

peppylady (Dora) said...

I haven't made Lasagna in years. Not doing much over the 4th of July. Hubby actual going to see if he can work that day and take the following day off because it only going to get hotter.

Turtleheart said...

The lasagna looks yummy!

Wish the previous owners had put down some plastic or weed guard when they did some of the landscaping around the yard. It seems this year the weeds are just outta control.

Gonna post some before and after pics of the walkway?

Greg C said...

Yummy that is my favorite meal. I wish I wasn't on a diet. :(